Vitamin A for Your Skin
October 12, 2012
In the vast array of skin care products; it is Vitamin A that really sets a high standard for skin rejuvenation. Vitamin A has proven to be an ideal treatment for fine lines, wrinkles, acne, and sun damage. Better news yet: Vitamin A can improve your skin at any age.
The Why and How
As we age, our cellular turnover rate slows down. We also lose the foundational blocks of our skin renewal process — elastin and collagen. Sun damage exhibits itself in fine lines, wrinkles, skin discoloration, and rough texture. Vitamin A can help repair the damage. It works by increasing the cellular turnover rate. Also, it promotes the production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. The older we get, the more help our skin needs! Vitamin A should be part of your “SkinFitNess” routine!
Areas of Improvement
- Fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin A increases collagen which helps relax expression lines and prevents the breakout of exiting collagen.
- Sun damage. It reduces hyperpigmentation (the development of brown spots). Vitamin A helps even out the skin’s color palate.
- Rough skin texture. By promoting rapid exfoliation of dead skin cells, Vitamin A stimulates new skin growth. Your skin can become softer, smoother, and more radiant.
- Acne breakouts. Vitamin A helps acne breakouts resolve quickly.
- Prepares your skin for improved performance of other cosmetic products such as chemical peels and resurfacing procedures. The healthier the skin, the better results you can achieve.
Visit Joan at the Ness Plastic Surgery medical spa to determine how Vitamin A can help your skin, in conjunction with professional skin care treatments to revitalize and replenish your skin.