Vitamin A for Your Skin
October 12, 2012
In the vast array of skin care products; it is Vitamin A that really establishes the gold standard for skin rejuvenation. Vitamin A has proven to be somewhat of a miracle treatment for fine lines, wrinkles, acne and sun damage. Better news yet: Vitamin A will improve your skin at any age.
The Why and How
As we age our cellular turnover rate slows down. We also lose the foundational blocks of our skin renewal process — elastin and collagen. Sun damage exhibits itself in fine lines, wrinkles, skin discoloration and rough texture. Vitamin A will help repair the damage. It works by increasing the cellular turnover rate. Also, it promotes production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. The older we get, the more help our skin needs! Vitamin A should be part of your “SkinFitNess” routine!
Areas of Improvement
- Fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin A increases collagen which helps relax expression lines and prevents the breakout of exiting collagen.
- Sun damage. It reduces hyperpigmentation (the development of brown spots). Vitamin A evens out the skin’s color palate
- Rough skin texture. By promoting rapid exfoliation of dead skin cells, Vitamin A stimulates new skin growth. Your skin becomes softer and smoother and more radiant.
- Acne breakouts. Vitamin A helps acne breakouts resolve quickly.
- Prepares your skin for improved performance of other cosmetic products such as chemical peels and resurfacing procedures. The healthier the skin, the better the results.
Visit with Joan at the Ness Plastic Surgery medical spa to determine how Vitamin A can help your skin, in conjunction with professional skin care treatments to revitalize and replenish your skin.