Benefits of a Lip Lift
A lip lift works to add height to the upper lip, rather than volume to the lip itself. To do this, one of our doctors will surgically shorten the philtrum—the space between the top of the upper lip and the bottom of the nose.
A lip lift comes with many benefits for patients who are looking for a perfect but different type of pout:
- It is convenient and can be performed in-office.
- It adds height to the upper lip and is a good solution for those who have a thin upper lip.
- It offers aging men and women a refreshed, younger-looking appearance.
- It is permanent and requires no ongoing maintenance.
- It enhances the appearance of the lips but does not cause “duck lips.”
- It provides a more symmetrical appearance to the lips.
- It exposes more of the upper teeth, which creates a more youthful appearance.
Another benefit of a lip lift is that there are several different techniques we can take, depending on your desired final results and the state of your natural lip, including:
- Direct Lip Lift which creates a more defined lip border.
- Subnasal Bullhorn Lip Lift where the center, right, and left sides of the lip are all pulled up toward the nose to increase the size of the lips.
- Central Lip Lift is often used to improve the appearance of aging lips.
- Corner Lip Lift gives Minnesota patients a more “smiley” look and enhances the balance and shape of the lips.
- Italian Lip Lift causes the red area of the lip to roll outward to create a more youthful look.
With so many different techniques, our doctors are able to specifically customize every lip lift to fit the needs and aesthetic goals of every patient.